Accessing Older AIRAC Data and Other Queries

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

Accessing Older AIRAC Data and Other Queries

Postby Gabe777 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:49 pm

Ok, stoopid sounding question, but is it possible to download an older set of FMS data.

I have the Garmin GTN from Flight1, which currently has 1611 I believe. If I want to fly an aircraft which has said gauge installed, it would handy to switch the database in FS Commander for example, to the matching data.

Is this possible ?

Secondly, does the full subscription include all apps.... PC and Android, and can I have both running on my local network simultaneously....so I can run FS Commander map on my client pc, next to my main pc which runs FSX., but at the same time have my android app running on my tablet, with the sync software, so I can watch my aircraft while in the bathroom, making a cup of tea etc etc. ?

Thirdly, can you print out airport charts, or approach plates etc., onto paper from the pc app ?

Thnx
Gabe777

Member Ranking: Basic

Re: Accessing Older AIRAC Data and Other Queries

Postby Ian » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:23 am

Hi,

1. Old AIRAC's, please see FAQ on Previous Cycles

2. Full subscription includes FMS Data and Charts. FMS Data Manager running on your FS machine distributes AIRAC updates to FSX addon on that machine. I believe you can have manual mapping to network drives to copy the data for say FSC to another machine. You can also use manual installers to do this manually per addon. For Charts, you use Simlink software on your FS machine to send position data to Navigraph servers. When you access Charts from these servers on PC(s), Android, the position of your aircraft is shown on many charts.

3. Yes, you can print out a chart from Charts Desktop. It is not intended for bulk printing.

We look forward to welcoming you as a valued customer

Cheers
Ian
Ian

Administrator

Postby Gabe777 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much Sir.

As long as I can run the charts on my main client PC AND my tablet at the same time, all is good. I like to keep tabs when I'm in the bathroom !

Oh, it appears I am not authorised to access the Previous Cycles FAQ link you gave above.
Gabe777

Postby Gabe777 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:22 pm

All good - just subscribed !!!

Thnx
Gabe777

Return to Pre-purchase Questions