Will Charts work in my Kindle Fire HD

This forum answers all questions about Navigraph Charts before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

Will Charts work in my Kindle Fire HD

Postby Chris Catalano » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi Everyone:
I am considering buying a subscription to the new Charts product I see available. Since I am kind of new to this, does anyone know if it'll work on my Kindke Fire HD? Also, will the moving map feature work on that device?
Thank you in advance.

Chris Catalano
Chris Catalano

Member Ranking: Basic

Re: Will Charts work in my Kindle Fire HD

Postby Ian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi Chris,

You might like to try. If it has the normal Google Play you should be able to download and install the app. If you log in with your Navigraph account you can try it before you buy in Demo mode. Same goes with Cloud if the Android app doesn't work, it also has a demo mode.

After a bit more reading it looks like Google Play is unavailable by default on Amazon Kindle, but there are workarounds: http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2016/0 ... c-or-root/
blog.the-ebook-reader.com
How to Install Google Play on Fire Tablets the Super Easy Way, No PC or Root (Video) | The eBook Reader Blog
Below are super easy directions showing you how to install the Google Play Store on Amazon's Fire tablets. Basically all you have to do is sideload a few apps

Cheers
Ian
Ian

Administrator

Re: Will Charts work in my Kindle Fire HD

Postby Chris Catalano » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Thank you very much for the info. I think I understand. Let me ask a related question. If I decided to purchase an iPad (been thinking about that for a while), would the sim connect feature work with that device? I am unclear after reading the info on the website. To me, this is the most amazing feature about Charts. If I cannot have the moving map on a stand alone iPad, then I probably would not need a subscription to Charts.

Thanks again.

Chris Catalano
Chris Catalano

Member Ranking: Basic

Return to Pre-purchase Charts Questions