FMS Datamanager for Mac

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

FMS Datamanager for Mac

Postby Bertie » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:19 pm

I downloaded and installed version 1.0.7 and had a few problems with it.
Tried to download the newer version, 1.0.8, but it does not install.

This is a Beta product and you need feedback, but I cannot provide feedback unless I purchase the current cycle.

I should purchase the current cycle for a product that I cannot get to work correctly??

I should add here that I am NOT looking for a free AIRAC cycle, just for a little support on a Beta product and to offer feedback

Peter
Bertie

Member Ranking: Silver

Re: FMS Datamanager for Mac

Postby maxholt » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi Peter.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Underneath the installation link there are some instructions on how to make the software run during the days before we can get a certificate for it. They are as follows:

This beta release of the Manager for Mac has not been digitally signed. To run the application the first time:
1) In Finder, locate the Manager app.
2) Press the Control key, then click the app icon.
3) Choose Open from the shortcut menu.
The final Mac release will be signed and won't require this procedure.

Did you follow these instructions?

If so, how does your problem manifest itself? Can you make a screenshot for us, or otherwise provide some details on where you are stuck?

You can also dig out the runtime logs for us, and see if they have anything to say. They are found in this location:

/Users/[your username]/navigraph/fms-manager/logs

Kind regards

Magnus
maxholt

Administrator

Postby Bertie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:10 pm

hello Magnus,
thanks for getting back to me.

The answer to your question about the launching of Manager for Mac is; Yes, I followed the instructions and was successful in launching it.
That was version 1.0.7
After launching I attempted to configure Manager. It would not recognize my copy of X-Plane V10 as a valid file until I changed the *.app to All Files.
After searching for Add-Ons it only found EADT409. It did not find any of the other aircraft that I have that use AIRAC data.

The following day, I downloaded version 1.0.8 from your site to see if this one would be any better than the first.
Problem with this one is that even though the installer goes through all the necessary steps, it never actually installs the app!
I moved the original, 1.0.7, into the trash, along with the Navigraph folder in my Home folder, and tried to install again.
Still nothing. After the install process is over and the installer declares that the install was successful, there is no sign of Manager on my computer, anywhere.

I have the logs but they only show version 1.0.7 as 1.0.8 refuses to install
Bertie

Postby unnamedboy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi Peter,

Could you please download the FMS Data Manager again here: http://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManager.aspx#download ?

After download, could you please check the Application folder in your finder? The app should be named as 'FMS Data Manager'.
The same icon should be on your lanunchpad screen with exactly the same name as well.

If you are unable to find the app, could you please tell us if there are any error message popup from the installer? If so, could you please send us some screenshots?

Cheers,
Oliver
unnamedboy

Developer

Postby Bertie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:14 am

Hi Oliver.

I downloaded the app, 1.0.8 from the link you provided.
The installer chose "Upgrade" to go from v1.0.7 to v1.0.8 and finished successfully. No errors and no Popups

Prior to the install I checked the version number of the app which I had retrieved from the trash can. 1.0.7, by launching the app and going to Settings.
On completion of the install I checked again. Still 1.0.7

There were no error messages during the install but at the launch there is an error message on the main screen.
AppAfter install108.tiff

There is no Navigraph anything to be found on the Launch Pad screens.

No matter what I do, including putting everything belonging to V1.0.7 in the trash, the 1.0.8 version will not install at all. No error messages anywhere.

Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bertie

Postby Bertie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:09 am

Hi,
any further suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Peter
Bertie

Postby stephen » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:03 am

Peter,

If you open Finder -> Applications, is "FMS Data Manager" in there? If so, remove it.

Then download and install 1.0.9 from http://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManager.aspx#download

When installation has finished, again go to Finder -> Applications. Is "FMS Data Manager" in there? Can you run it? Which version does it say in the Settings page?

Regards,

Stephen
stephen

Administrator

Postby Bertie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:41 am

OK, done all that and we have success!

I am now running version 1.0.9.0211.

I also note that you have changed the name of the app from Navigraph FMS Data Manager to FMS Data Manager.

Thanks for the assistance

Peter
Bertie

Return to Pre-purchase Questions