Not able to purchase 1x FMS Cycle

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

Not able to purchase 1x FMS Cycle

Postby markcable » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:50 am

Hi,

I have a yearly charts subscription (not ultimate), but when I went to try and buy a single FMS cycle the screen says that "this product is not available due to your currently active navigraph product"

Can you only buy FMS data now if you upgrade to an ultimate subscription?

regards, Mark
markcable

Member Ranking: Silver

Re: Not able to purchase 1x FMS Cycle

Postby stephen » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Mark,

The Ultimate is a bundle with both, so if you require both Charts and FMS Data then we'd recommend you to upgrade to Ultimate. When you have Ultimate, you don't need to purchase any additional FMS Data, it is included. You can either convert to Ultimate for free with the remaining value of your charts subscription. The new Ultimate will last a little shorter than your current Charts subscription because FMS Data is added. Alternatively, you can pay the difference to get a full year of Ultimate from today.

Regards,

Stephen
stephen

Administrator

Postby markcable » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Stephen,

I don't want to upgrade to Ultimate, I just wanted to purchase a single FMS cycle.

regards, Mark
markcable

Postby markcable » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:04 am

Hello,

I think there is some confusion,

I already have purchased a years chart subscription, I just want to purchase 1 x FMS cycle, I DO NOT want to upgrade to ultimate, is it still possible to buy just 1 x cycle?

best regards, mark
markcable

Postby markcable » Thu May 26, 2016 10:24 am

Hi,

it's been 6 months and I still not have had a reply to my question

regards, Mark :o
markcable

Postby cocolino » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:03 am

Hi
I'm facing the same "problem"! I have yearly chart subscription and with this subscription it seems not be possible to buy just one FMS Data cycle! Strange sales strategy :shock:
I wonder if we will have a response from Navigraph Sales manager within the next 6 months ;)
Regards René
cocolino

Member Ranking: Basic

Postby stephen » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:27 pm

René and Mark,

The limitation is technical, it currently isn't possible to have more than one subscription. Hence the upgrade-to-Ultimate-requirement. We haven't seen significant demand for this change, which requires a significant development task - basically only this thread. That is why we have been a bit slow in responding here, and we regret that. We will review the demand and the technical obstacles once again, but as of now, the only way to have both is to upgrade to Ultimate.

A probable reason for the low demand: The price difference between Charts-only (1 year) subscription and Ultimate (1 year) is 10 Euro, which is not even two single FMS Data cycles (at 6.50 each). If you plan to get more than one single FMS Data cycle, it is cheaper to upgrade to Ultimate, and you get access to all 13 cycles.

Regards,

Stephen
stephen

Administrator

Return to Pre-purchase Questions