System reinstall

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

System reinstall

Postby fanta5 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi all,

just a brief question.

I bought the "once AIRAC" update for Pro-ATC/X from navigraph (30 days version).

Let´s say in 2 months I need to reinstall my complete system. Will I still have access to my purchased AIRAC Data or do I need to pay again?

Best regards
Jens
fanta5

Member Ranking: Basic

Re: System reinstall

Postby Ian » Thu May 26, 2016 3:09 am

Hi Jens,

Welcome

If you download via FMS Data Manager and have the default backup "Always backup before update" ticked in Settings, you backup any add-ons you download to C:\ProgramData\Navigraph\FMSClient\backup and can recover this. If you delete this directory or otherwise remove FMS Data Manager you will lose this backup.

If you download manually from here, and you retain the add-on downloads, these will be available for later reinstall. If you choose to open the downloads without saving the files, these will not be available for later install.

In either case if you don't have a backup, there is no access to past cycles, and you would need a current subscription to download the latest cycle as per FAQ on Previous Cycles

Cheers
Ian
Ian

Administrator

Re: System reinstall

Postby fanta5 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi Ian,

thank you very much for this detailed answer!

Best regards
Jens
fanta5

Member Ranking: Basic

Return to Pre-purchase Questions