"Uncovering next version of Charts"

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

"Uncovering next version of Charts"

Postby Captain74 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi Navigraph-Team,

my Navigraph Ultimate subscription will end in 4 days.

I don't want to pay for another year without knowing details about your plans regarding charts:

http://blog.navigraph.com/post/15334425 ... -of-charts

Will it replace the existing package? Will it be sold simultaneously? Ddo we have to pay for crossgrade again?

At least that should have been communicated already. I'm for sure not the only one who's subscription will end soon. ;)

Thanks for any helpful information.

Paul
Captain74

Member Ranking: Gold

Re: "Uncovering next version of Charts"

Postby maxholt » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:18 pm

Hi Paul.

The blog post you are referring to is intended to give some insight in the projects we are working on. We thought it would be a nice way to involve you guys in what we are working on. Since the projects are not released yet, practical details such as price, release date, coverage are not mentioned. This information will be available in the final release statement. The blog posts were not intended to create this reaction "Tell me everything right now or I am not buying anything." ;)

This is a tricky situation. :) We are telling you as many details as we think that we can share at this point. The reason why we are not telling everything is because we either haven't decided yet; or we simply don't know yet; or we are deliberatly saving some news for later because it makes more sense to tell them later; or we want to create suspense; or something else... In any case, the release of information is entirely our decision. Would you perhaps preferred not to know anything at all? ;)

You are free to sign up for another year if you think that we are going to do a good job and keep you as a happy customer. If you have any doubts, then don't sign up. There is also the middle road - if you at any point become discontent with our products - then just contact us at account@navigraph.com and we will work out a solution for you.

Trust me, we would not deliberately make our products worse! All development steps and design decisions are carefully founded on customer feedback (such as the survey with more than 2,000 participants), and the backlog of requested features which we have collected here via the forum. Have faith in us. It will all make sense in the end. :)

Hoping to see you as a customer in 2017 as well.

Kind regards

Magnus
maxholt

Administrator

Postby Captain74 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:30 pm

maxholt wrote:Hi Paul.

Trust me, we would not deliberately make our products worse!

Hi Magnus,

thank you for your quick reply. I have no doubt, that your future products will not attract me when using them.
I just don't want to pay twice for a year of charts coverage when there ist a better option coming up. ;)

So i had hoped you weren't vage like a politician on a simple question like:

"If there will be a crossgrade option?"

You've just communicated between the lines that my doubts are valid because i haven't asked for development steps, design features or surveys.
So i'll stand back from another one year ultimate subscription, til your new product is being released to keep a happy customer. ;)

regards
Paul
Captain74

Postby stephen » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:09 pm

Paul,

I just don't want to pay twice for a year of charts coverage when there ist a better option coming up.

This one we can clarify. All current subscriptions will be honored in full also after launching the new system. You will not pay twice.

Regards,

Stephen
stephen

Administrator

Postby Captain74 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:25 pm

stephen wrote:Paul,

I just don't want to pay twice for a year of charts coverage when there ist a better option coming up.

This one we can clarify. All current subscriptions will be honored in full also after launching the new system. You will not pay twice.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen,

thank you! That's exactly i wanted to know. Will go for another year. ;)

regards
Paul
Captain74

Postby black2306 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Do you have any news about new version?
IVAN CHERNOV | ATC CONTROLLER| URRV ROSTOV FIR
black2306

Member Ranking: Silver

Postby stephen » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:07 am