Couple questions before subcribe Charts

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

Couple questions before subcribe Charts

Postby hoangskinny92 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:11 am

Hello,
I have been using Foreflight for almost 2 years but due to limited in the charts and coverage, I'm planning to move to Navigraph.
What is the coverage of the current Navigraph Charts? Is it going to cover the whole world or mainly USA and EU?
It is in the process of moving to Jeppesen, so when it is done all the charts going to be Jeppesen or we can choose between Lufthansa and Jeppesen?
Is the app in Ipad/desktop going to detect aircraft position from P3D V4 and shows it in the app?
Thank you,
Hoang Le
hoangskinny92

Member Ranking: Silver

Re: Couple questions before subcribe Charts

Postby stephen » Wed May 31, 2017 9:26 am

Hoang,

I have been using Foreflight for almost 2 years but due to limited in the charts and coverage, I'm planning to move to Navigraph.

Welcome. But please keep in mind that Navigraph is for flight simulation use only, while Foreflight is can be used for real aviation. So you can't bring Navigraph into a real cockpit.

What is the coverage of the current Navigraph Charts? Is it going to cover the whole world or mainly USA and EU?

We have worldwide coverage, that of Jeppesen's IFR charts, which is currently at 6,800 airports in total. All major airports and most regional ones.

It is in the process of moving to Jeppesen, so when it is done all the charts going to be Jeppesen or we can choose between Lufthansa and Jeppesen?

No, all apps will only have Jeppesen charts when the transition is completed (no final date yet).

Is the app in Ipad/desktop going to detect aircraft position from P3D V4 and shows it in the app?

Yes!

Regards,

Stephen
stephen

Administrator

Postby hoangskinny92 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:21 pm

stephen wrote:Hoang,

Welcome. But please keep in mind that Navigraph is for flight simulation use only, while Foreflight is can be used for real aviation. So you can't bring Navigraph into a real cockpit.

We have worldwide coverage, that of Jeppesen's IFR charts, which is currently at 6,800 airports in total. All major airports and most regional ones.

No, all apps will only have Jeppesen charts when the transition is completed (no final date yet).

Yes!

Regards,

Stephen

Hello and thank you so much for your support. Will subscribe for 1 year as soon as I continue flying in P3D V4.
Hoang Le
hoangskinny92

Member Ranking: Silver

Postby gidgie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:19 am

Hi, I am testing the demo mode before making a decision on purchasing the full suite. I have xplane 10 and windows 7 but in the demo mode I don't get the moving arrow (aircraft) on my route. It says simlink is not connected to my simulator computer however it says simlink is working. Is it because I am in the demo mode that I don't get the moving aircraft? Thanks Gidgie
gidgie

Member Ranking: Basic

Postby Ian » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:20 am

Hi Gidgie,

You can test moving map using the LEAL and KONT demo airports. Check you have X-Plane 10 path correctly set in Simlink Settings (Right mouse on Navigraph Simlink icon in Systray) before starting X-Plane 10. See magenta icon below.
LEAL ASTRO4A.JPG

We look forward to welcoming you as a valued client.

Cheers
Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ian

Administrator

Postby gidgie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:35 am

Cheers Ian, thanks for the info.....what is the correct path/place to place simlink in xplane 10? I think that is my problem it is in the wrong place. I'm a bit thick when it comes to computers...too old!!! Any assistance is greatly appreciated especially being isolated in Perth WA!! Cheers Gidgie
gidgie

Postby Ian » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi Gidgie,

I hadn't thought of WA as being isolated. At least we have the internet. :)

As I mentioned, check you have the X-Plane 10 path (where you have X-Plane.exe) correctly set in Simlink Settings (Right mouse on Navigraph Simlink icon in Systray) before starting X-Plane 10.

If it helps please post a screenshot using Guide to Posting Screenshots

Mine looks like:
Simlink settings.JPG

Cheers
Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ian

Administrator

Postby gidgie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:33 pm

cheers Ian I think I have it now thanks. Will try those two airports and see how I go. Appreciate the assistance. Cheers Gidgie
gidgie

Re: cant run simlink

Postby pilotincmd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 am

I loa ded navagraph charts and simlink. I ran simlink setup and put"E\:x-plane " in the manual mapping. When i select the upper right icon to start simlink i get an error message "cannot connect to simlink, make sure simlink is broadcasting on your computer."
I am running windows 10 and x-plane 11.

Frank Giacoppi
pilotincmd

Postby Ian » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:52 am

Hi Frank,

Please see Simlink and Moving Maps - Getting Started Guide

Make sure you have Simlink running with Broadcast Flight Data ticked, FS unpaused and aircraft at gate or rwy transmitting position, and as you previously said correct X-Plane 11 path in Simlink install settings.

Cheers
Ian
Ian

Administrator

Next

Return to Pre-purchase Questions