Copy an FMC Database

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

Copy an FMC Database

Postby dutchman2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:15 pm

My current FS9 PC is a stand alone with no web access. When I download the FMC Database to my web-PC, can I copy the file to a thumbdrive for transfer to my FS9 PC?

Is there an expiration or time limit on the downloaded FMC Database? I want to update the resident files I got with the add-on a few years back but not have to worry about monthly updates all the time.

I presume each different model database is a separate purchase within a cycle.
dutchman2

Member Ranking: Basic

Re: Copy an FMC Database

Postby ubersu » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:46 am

Copy across with no issues; with only one or two exceptions (noted as such on the download page) there are no time limits on this data. I have two or three years worth tucked away for testing purposes... You purchase a complete cycle and can download any or all of the different model databases within that cycle at any time during the cycle.

DJ
David Jones
ubersu

Member Ranking: Silver

Postby Ian » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:20 am

Hi ....(Please sign posts with your real name)

Welcome.

The AIRAC download can be copied from your download computer to your FS computer.

All of the the AIRAC updates here with a Download button can be installed and used at any time. Those with Access buttons have limited time use as per note at bottom of page "Contrary to other FMS Data files, access code are limited in time. An access code will enable use of the current AIRAC cycle during the current and the following cycle."

Once you have purchased any AIRAC cycle, you can re-download and re-install that and any other AIRAC updates at no extra charge during the currency of that cycle.

We look forward to welcoming you as a customer.

Cheers
Ian
Ian

Administrator

Postby dutchman2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanks for the response.
A few other questions.
Does the Quality Wings file apply to both the 757 and the Ultimate146 product?
I have the Wilco/Feel There/PIC (Embraer) Legacy. I presume the Wilco/Feelthere 737/777, Legacy is the correct file.
I also have the Wilco/Just Flight/PIC Airbus Series Volume 1 (FS9/FSX). I dont see one specifically for this application. Would the FS2002 work?

Thks
Scott
(remembered this time:)
dutchman2

Member Ranking: Basic

Postby Ian » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:18 am

Hi Scott,

The QW Airac Update confirms to the QW file spec.The QW forum and Ultimate 146 Users manaul suggests the 757 and Ultimate 146 use the same Navigraph QualityWings Navdata.

Yes you download the Wilco/Feelthere 737/777, Legacy. There have been some problems with the Wilco/Just Flight/PIC Airbus Series, so whilst the same download should basically work, it is not currently supported.

Cheers
Ian
Ian

Administrator

Return to Pre-purchase Questions