Flight1 Aviation Technologies G1000 Student Pro

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

Flight1 Aviation Technologies G1000 Student Pro

Postby zeeuw1963 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:49 am

Hi,

I am new over here. Does the Navigraph FMS software has worldwide WAAS approaches included?
Europe?
USA?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Yvan
zeeuw1963

Member Ranking: Silver

Re: Flight1 Aviation Technologies G1000 Student Pro

Postby maxholt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi Yvan.

Welcome to Navigraph.

We don't have info on WAAS approaches everywhere, but in several airports. Those airports tend to be in the US.

As you may know, we currently have Charts 5 in production, but another version of the Charts software is soon going to be available. In Charts 5, we offer Lufthansa Systems charts, and in the next version of Charts (currently available for open beta testing) we will be offering Jeppesen charts. Both charts providers have WAAS information.

If you search for an airport you are interested in, you can then filter the charts of that airport on Terminal (Charts 5) or Approach (Charts 6). If you in addition this this coarse filtering also to a text filtering for "GPS" you will get a list of the charts which have WAAS information. In a quick check I found this information for KLAX, KSFO and KORD, but not for LFPG or EHAM for example. Nor does YSSY or VTBS have WAAS info on the charts.

In the FMS Data, we can also determine which waypoints that are a part of a WAAS procedure, but I am not sure if any addon format makes use of this information.

Kind regards

Magnus
maxholt

Administrator

Re: Flight1 Aviation Technologies G1000 Student Pro

Postby zeeuw1963 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for your help. I use the G1000 F1Tech Student Pro software with Simkits (TRC) G1000 screens. Great hardware. F1 navigation Software is "not that good" to say the least. E.g. software shows IFR approaches which do not even exist in real life (I am a commercial pilot/certified instrument flight instructor). And those who are included do not match real life, e.g. no identifiers on NAV1 and 2.
No problem for me about the charts, I have a Jeppesen subscribtion, but main question for me is: does the software has all the IFR approaches and fixes?

Could you please send me weblink (cannot find them) where I can search the airports and approaches in Charts 5 and 6?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Yvan
zeeuw1963

Member Ranking: Silver

Return to Pre-purchase Questions