Lido charts Included

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

Lido charts Included

Postby DIFE21 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:56 pm

Hello good afternoon, i received the news of the agreement with Lufthansa Systems with great joy!! :D i would like to know if is there a list of the Lido Airport charts that will be made available please.

Thank you for your attention :)

My Best Regards!!
DIFE21

Member Ranking: Basic

Re: Lido charts Included

Postby stephen » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:19 pm

DIFE21 (what is your name please?),

Thank you for the kind words! We don't have a complete list of the Lido charts yet.

Regards,

Stephen
stephen

Administrator

Postby DIFE21 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Hello again :) Stephen, i apologise i forgot to say my name....... my name is Diogo ;) and thank for your quick answer and congratulations once more i´ll be a client for sure from the next cycle (the Lido charts will only be available in May) Right ?

My best Regards!! :D 8-)
DIFE21

Postby skylane182 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Hello Navigraph Team,

that there will be LIDO Charts available for flight simulation is the best news in the FS world I heard this year. Thank you so much for that. Is there a date when the LIDO Charts will be available? I'd like to switch from Navtech to LIDO when they are purchasable. And will all LIDO charts available at the same day? So is it possible to switch from Navtech to LIDO directly, or will there be a timeframe where you have a mixture of Navtech and LIDO?

Will the iPad app work like the desktop app, meaning you can purchase the charts you need, or will you need the subscription for the iPad app, like the webapp?

best regards,
Mathias
skylane182

Member Ranking: Silver

Postby stephen » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Diogo and Mathias,

Yes, the Lido charts will be available from May (first half, no exact date).

that there will be LIDO Charts available for flight simulation is the best news in the FS world I heard this year.

We're very pleased to hear that :)

And will all LIDO charts available at the same day?

Yes, on the release day we will release all Lido charts.

So is it possible to switch from Navtech to LIDO directly, or will there be a timeframe where you have a mixture of Navtech and LIDO?

As all Lido charts will be available on the release day, there is no "switching" process, it is automatic.

Will the iPad app work like the desktop app, meaning you can purchase the charts you need, or will you need the subscription for the iPad app, like the webapp?

The iPad app will work like the web app (Charts Cloud). Therefore we are also switching away from micropayments in the Desktop app, as mentioned in the newsletter. In the future, all interfaces (Desktop, iPad, Cloud) will use the same access system; either through a monthly Ultimate subscription, or a 1 Year Ultimate or Charts only package.

Regards,

Stephen
stephen

Administrator

Postby DIFE21 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:10 am

Hello Stephen, thanks for the reply and help ;) I´ll be waiting for the release :D.

My best regards
DIFE21

Postby diegoamd » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Stephen It's a great news.
I'm very interested to this new feature, but just another question.
Today the charts updates was every 4 month, so there is some probabilty to use an old chart, joining LIDO the update period will be reduced? (like, almost, the AIRAC FMS Cycles, montly based?)

Bacause is very annoying to flight (vitrually speaking) with outdatetd charts...
Thank you for your time.

Diego.
diegoamd

Postby stephen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:25 pm

Diego,

This principle will remain. Well, it has improved slightly, we get data every 12 weeks now - before it was every 13 weeks... :) We currently can't get charts each AIRAC cycle since we would then become a direct competitor to our data providers' real world products. By reducing the update interval we are able to get these charts to the flightsim community. There might be minor discrepancies between charts and FMS Data due to a few factors: 1) The charts are not maintained for airports that are no longer in demand at our chart suppliers (Navtech and Lido). This can occur due to changes in route networks of our data providers' real world airline customers. We still get such airport charts but they not contain the most recent data. 2) We get charts every 12 weeks, not every 4 weeks. 3) Some changes in FMS Data may still not warrant redrawing of the charts, in some cases the changes are just issued as NOTAM or amendments by our providers. 4) Charts and FMS Data from different sources.

Items 3) and 4) apply also to real world operations. Item 4) has been the case for a long time since we've had Jeppesen FMS Data and Navtech charts before. In reality, this is how many airlines are flown today, FMS Data by one supplier, charts by another. There may be some minor differences in naming conventions. Items 1) and 2) are specific to us, but they are the items that make it possible in the first place to get updated charts, and with the largest global coverage.

All in all, items 1-4 may produce discrepancies, but they should be minimal at most, especially the month following the chart release date, hence suitable to the flightsim community needs.

Regards,

Stephen
stephen

Administrator

Postby DIFE21 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Hello once again Stephen, sorry but i forgot to post a question the other day.... ;)
Regarding the LIDO Charts will we continue to receive the information via e-mail of the new airports being added to the chart database and indicating from which Chart provider are they ?

My Best Regards and good weekend ;)
DIFE21

Postby stephen » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Diogo,

Surely we will send newsletters when we issue new chart revisions, including the new airports added. We likely won't specify the source providers in such e-mails, because the information in the charts is the same from both so the difference is merely a formatting issue. You will likely be able to tell the source provider in the Charts Desktop/Cloud/iPad, but we are still finalizing such details.

Regards,

Stephen
stephen

Administrator

Next

Return to Pre-purchase Questions